Region's first UX Conference
The region’s first & the largest UX conference combining inspirational talks and hands-on workshops.
Join us for these 2 days to welcome best professionals from the industry sharing their experience and knowledge about UX, Service Design, Usability and Accessibility. We have chosen these ‘never seen in the region’ experts from across the world with topics to elevate the knowledge across the breadth and width of this upcoming field.
Get inspired by some of the top brands and their case studies on how they go about practicing UX within their organisation and their learnings.
Benjamin Franklin once said ‘Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.’
So if you are looking to learn about the actual tools, techniques and methods of User Experience Design, Service Design and Usability then these carefully selected workshops is where you need to be.
Interact and learn from the top minds in the industry and design education field by joining UX NXT workshops. There are 6 in total and you can attend up to 3 to learn the tricks of the trade.
Welcome to UX NXT
Welcome speech by Amol Kadam - Co Founder, RBBi.
Keynote Speech - Future of UX
Chris Haas - SVP Experience Design, MAD-POW
Panel Discussion: GCC wakes up to UX – Too Late, Too Little?
Linda Sesna (Head of CX - Etisalat), Thair Soukar (Head of Digital SkyNews Arabia), Mr. Madani (CEO, RTA)
Enterprise UX - The change starts from within
Maish Nichani - Co Founder, PebbleRoad
How much of UX is in Service Design?
Vitaly Friedman - Editor in Chief, Smashing Magazine
Creating UX culture - A case of Hoodies v/s Suits
Devesh Mistry - Co Founder, RBBi
Biggest UX Sin - Designing for User without User Research
Meena Kothandaraman, Lecturer, Bentley University
Design Pretty or Design Profitable- The Business Case for UX
Fiz Yazdi - UX Director, CX Partners
UI - The most misunderstood element of UX
Sunit Singh- UX Expert (Cleartrip & Ola Cabs)
Invest in Research - Using Research to Impact Business and UX
Rob Johnston - Director, Market and Digital Research, Marriott
Understanding the Biggest Trends in UX and Service Design
Daniel Szuc - CoFounder, Apogee, Author
Story techniques in design research
Steph Troeth - Head of Research, Clearleft
Designing Cross Channel Experiences; Tools and Techniques from Service Design
FIZ YAZDI – UX Director, CX Partners
UX and Service Design have similar goals: through user centred design, improve the product or service experience so it gives best value for the user and business alike.
Traditionally UX has focused on digital, while service design looks beyond and out to other channels such as call centres, shop stores and print. It designs for front stage user interaction, and the backstage business office. It has the potential to have deeper impact on users and our ultimately our clients' bottom line. We need some of its’ tools in our toolbox.
The good news is that as well as sharing similar goals and a user centred mindset, UX and service designers share many core skills to build on. In this workshop we’ll cover the foundations of service design then deep-dive into two hands-on activities.
You will take away:
- An understanding of service design, what it is, how it relates to UX and you
- Key concepts and methods in service design
- New tool #1: service blueprinting, a strategic tool for service improvement
- New tool #2: service prototyping, for service innovation
Using Agile and SCRUM to Innovate and Ideate
ED CAPALDI – Strategic Catalyst & Agile Business Coach
Agile and SCRUM are the two words everyone in the field is talking about these days. This workshop goes in to real life techniques, examples and challenges of these methods. The workshop will also teach techniques about how to use these methods to innovate and facilitate innovation within the organization to bring about the change.
Using User Research to Make Informed Design Decision
MEENA KOTHANDARAMAN– Lecturer, Bentley University
ZARLA LUDIN – UX Researcher, Twig+fish
The workshop focuses on understanding the importance of User Research and the difference between the User Research and Traditional Market Research. With hands-on activities to analyse the research and taking insights from there to implement in real solutions and designs. Various techniques of User Research, methods and guidelines will be discussed with live examples.
A complete guide to User Testing: Effective User Testing Methods to Validate and Optimise Products for the End User
SHIKHA DEVADIGA– Lead UX Analyst | Research & Usability , RBBi
RANA MANSOUR– Senior UX Analyst | User Research & Strategy, RBBi
The workshop focuses on understanding the importance of User Testing, types of User Testing methods and techniques. Get your hands on the latest in Eye Tracking technology and devices to use them hands-on. The workshop will cover, moderation techniques, creating user patterns from the insights and methods to get the most from your qualitative data with live examples.
Smart Responsive Design Patterns
In this brand new workshop, Vitaly Friedman (editor-in-chief of Smashing Magazine), will cover practical techniques, clever tricks and useful strategies you need to be aware of when working on responsive websites. From responsive modules to clever navigation patterns and web form design techniques; the workshop will provide you with everything you need to know today to start designing better responsive experiences tomorrow.
The workshop is intended for intermediate/advanced designers and developers who have an understanding of responsive design and how it works.
Most techniques are borrowed from mid-size and large-scale real-life projects, such as large eCommerce projects, online magazines and web applications. We won't cover the basics, instead, the workshops covers more advanced techniques used in responsive design.
This workshop will cover:
- Effective tools and techniques that can support and enhance your personal workflow when working on any responsive design project
- An overview of clever practical techniques for improving UX of responsive sites including navigation and search
- Responsive Design Patterns and innovative approaches to designing ‘responsive modules’ such as mega-drop downs, tables, calendars, multi-level menus, maps, carousels and web forms
- How to apply clever patterns such as improved off-canvas navigation, assistant pattern, smart URL design, priority+ pattern, vertical media queries, ‘view mode’ approach, lazy loading, autocomplete, type-ahead search, filters, portrait/landscape orientation change, inventory-based sliders, the country selector and responsive iconography
- How to craft delightful interfaces with smooth transitions, clever animations and improve perceived performance along the way
- How to optimize responsive websites for better mobile UX, faster data input and higher conversion rates
- Design anti-patterns to avoid when designing a responsive site to prevent running into performance issues and “slow UX decay”
- How the design processes should adapt in terms of the project management, deliverables, performance budgets, team organization and strategy.
Hurry up and get the Early Bird tickets while they are available
Single Day Talks Only
- Full day access to all talks on the selected day
- 2 Coffee breaks
- Buffet Lunch
- Confirmed seat for the workshops on the selected day
All Days Talks Only
- All days access to all talks on both days
- 2 Coffee breaks
- Buffet Lunch
- Confirmed seat for the workshops on the any days
Single Workshop + Single Day
- Confirmed seat for the selected workshop
- Full day access to all talks on the selected workshop day
- 2 Coffee breaks
- Buffet Lunch
these awesome companies support us
- Conrad Hotel, Dubai